What questions do we ask ourselves? We ask them every day, every hour, sometimes even every minute. Most people have only one topic across all enquiries to themselves. It starts with Why:
- Why is this happening to me?
- Why business is so hard?
- Why should I suffer? and so on and on.
The ‘why’ question is a question of the past. Always. If it does not have an emotion behind it, you will extract a lesson analytically. Otherwise, life will keep providing you with evidence in a natural way giving more and more arguments but not in the form you want.
The answer may come in the form of a broken relationship, physical or psychological pain, hardship in business, financial issues, unfair staff, and so on.
How do we change this?
Change your questions. One way is to change ‘why’ to ‘how’. How to improve, how to change, how to avoid the situation. The better way is to become naturally curious and have questions like:
- What would it be like to have a perfect relationship? (don’t forget to define what is perfect for you)
- How does it feel to wake up every morning encouraged and full of energy?
- How does it feel to rely on my staff and have confidence in my business?
What questions do you ask yourself? And how they impact your life or business?